Did you know the first umbrella double stroller was patented in 1966 by Owen Maclaren? That’s right, even back then people needed the best double stroller to haul their children around.
If you are like me and have many children in the younger age groups, than owning a double stroller is a must. This was especially important when my twins were little and I had to go places without my husband there to help.
The question is, which is the best double stroller to own? With so many choices out there, it is hard to choose. And if you have never used a double stroller before, you may be wondering what the heck is it?
How We Reviewed
We chose the strollers on this list by looking for only those with the best reviews from real, verified parents. After all, that is the best way to find out if they work. Parents don’t mess around, if something is terrible, they tell you.
Top 10 Best Double Stroller
With there being so many fantastic options of the best double strollers available, we are only able to list a few of them, and they are not in any particular order.When buying the best double strollers, sometimes it is worth every penny that you spend even if it is expensive.
Having to push around your children every day with a stroller that doesn’t roll well or has trouble turning will ruin any time you spend using it and will be a waste of money.
BOB Revolution Flex Duallie 2.0
- Fit: Birth to 50 pounds each seat; 0-8 weeks with the use of an Infant Car Seat Adapter & compatible Infant Car Seat;...
- Smooth; speedy stability: Locking swivel-front wheel; air-filled tires; and mountain bike-style suspension system
- Adjustable & Safe: 9-position adjustable handlebar with wrist strap; no-rethread five-point harness; independent...
BOB Revolution Flex Duallie stroller is a jogging stroller that has one huge tire in front and two in back. This jogging stroller can carry up to 50 pounds in each seat and is compatible with a car seat adapter.
The company claims this stroller is sturdy while running in any terrain and as a smooth ride for the children. It has a larger canopy to cover the children from the sun and a lift cover for you to peek on your kids.
The BOB Revolution jogging stroller claims you only need one hand to adjust the sitting position. It also provides you with nine different handle position for your jogging comfort.
This has a rating of 4.6 out of 5.0 stars with Amazon. Many customers are happy with this double stroller saying you get what you pay for. They love how easy the stroller can be pulled apart and put back together.
Also, how it rolls like a dream, the kids do not feel the bumps at all. A few customers are upset that the stroller is very large, trouble getting into a car.
Baby Trend Navigator
- Accommodates 2 baby trend infant car seats
- Dimensions: 32.75" W x 47" L x 40.5” H | Weight: 43 pounds
- Locking front swivel wheels, and pneumatic bicycle tires
The Baby Trend Navigator double jogging stroller includes two cup holders and MP3 speakers. It is compatible with two car seats or a toddler and a car seat or two toddlers.
The customers with Amazon give this product a rating of 4.0 out of 5.0 stars. Customers love how great this stroller handles all terrain, and they love the speakers.
Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: Travel-friendly design (only 23 lbs) is perfect for traveling. The width fully assembled is 31...
- EXTENDED CANOPY & SUN PROTECTION: Three-tier, extended canopy for maximum UV protection and coverage. A peek-a-boo...
- EASY STANDING FOLD: Convenient self-standing fold, perfect for car travel and vacations. Folded Dimensions: 20"L x 31"W...
Kolcraft Cloud Plus claims to be a lightweight double stroller and has a parent tray and two separate trays for the kids.
The company makes the canopy to be expandable to cover as much sun as possible. There is extra storage under each child , and both seats can recline.
This Kolcrat Cloud Plus has a rating of 4.4 out of 5.0-star rating with Amazon. Parents love how easy this double stroller folds up. Others are impressed with how lightweight this product really is.
Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem
- Recommend for children up to 35 pounds; Large European style canopy; 2 storage bags and parent cup holder with 2...
- 5 point safety harness; 360 Degree swivel shock absorbing front wheels
- Lightweight frame; Compact umbrella fold for easy storage and travel.Do not use bleach
Now, this is a simple double stroller, for those that do not need extra storage or trays. Delta makes this double stroller with a lightweight frame and compact umbrella coverage. It does have a cup holder, five-point harness for your kids, and storage bags.
Customers give a rating of 4.2 out of 5.0 stars with Amazon. With over 1,000 reviews, this stroller is known by many parents. Everyone loves how durable and beautiful this stroller is for such a great price.
Jeep Destination Ultralight
- RECOMMENDED USE: Each seat holds up to 40 pounds (80 pounds total). Canopies feature pop out SPF 50 sun visors to shield...
- LIGHTWEIGHT: This stroller features an aluminum frame. Weighs 28.66 pounds. Storage bin provides plenty of room for...
- SIZE: Assembled dimensions (in inches): 29.5 (width), 36.2 (depth), 41.7 (height). Folded dimensions: 29.5 (width), 30...
Next on our list is the Jeep Destination Ultralight Side x Side Double Stroller. Jeep Destination Ultralight makes a side by side double stroller that is lightweight.
The company claims this stroller gives a smooth ride for the kids, and it is comfortable. The seats also recline, and it has a footrest. With the extendable SPF 50 canopies, you should not have children yelling about the sun in their face.
It has a rating of 4.4 out of 5.0 stars with Amazon. There are only a little over 40 reviews, but even with that, many customers are thrilled with their purchase.
Many customers love how easy this stroller is to push, and it is incredible to travel with.
Graco DuoGlider Click
- Twin stroller features stadium style seating with exceptional versatility holds two Graco Classic Connect car seats.
- One hand, standing fold closes easily with no bending necessary, leaving one hand free for baby.
- This double stroller travel system holds 2 children up to 40 pounds each. Two reclining seats with individual canopies
This is a tandem stroller that you can use for many different ages of toddlers or infants. The Graco DuoGlider Click Connect Stroller has a large storage holder underneath the kids.
It also has a reclining chair and footrests, and if that isn’t enough, it comes with cup holders.
Graco has a rating of 4.2 out of 5.0 stars from its customers. The customers are very impressed with the lightweight design and how easy it is to fit inside there car.
Chicco Cortina Together
- Accepts 2 key Fit or Fit2 infant car seats (no adapter needed)
- 2 Standard stroller seats with reclining backrests and independent canopies
- Self-standing fold can be activated with one hand
Chicco makes this double stroller for parents on the go. The stroller has separate canopies and does not need child seat adapters. The company gives you a unique changeable child armbar and cup holders.
It can be used in three different styles, and it can compact fold for saving space.
The Chicco Cortina Together double stroller has a rating of 4.1 out of 5.0 stars. Many customers are happy with how durable the double stroller is and how much space it has for the kids.
Baby Trend Sit N Stand
- Accommodates up to 2 children sitting in stroller seats, up to 2 in infant car seats, (sold separately) or one sitting...
- Stroller allows your older child to stand on the rear platform or sit on the rear seat, care and cleaning - Spot or wipe...
- Accepts one or two infant car seats (sold separately) and accommodates all baby trend infant car seats and select models...
The Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra can hold two children up to 50 pounds each. This stroller has a large storage carrier underneath the stroller and a parent tray with two cupholders.
Even though it looks only to hold a toddler and one infant, this stroller can hold two infant car seats.
Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra has a rating of 4.3 out of 5.0 stars with Amazon. Customers are happy with this product, saying it is great for taking to theme parks and fits great in any car.
Double Stroller Convenience Urban Twin
- Satisfaction Guarantee❤Lifetime warranty. 100% full money return policy if you don’t want to keep it. Zero risk...
- Safety First❤Passed ASTM F833 safety test. High quality eco-friendly fabric and non-toxic healthy plastic ( The child...
- Features Point❤Large cargo storage basket ( convenient to place diaper bags, toys, or umbrella when you go out for a...
This is a great looking double stroller with its sleek color and design. It has a 100 percent money back guarantee if you do not like this product.
This claims to use eco-friendly materials and has a large storage basket. The 145-degree canopy claims to cover more sun than other double strollers.
It has a rating of 4.5 out of 5.0-stars with Amazon. Customers are very happy with how easy it is to assemble, and it is great for two children of any size.
There is only one really upset customer saying the wheels are hard to get align and they had trouble folding it up.
- All new side by side double stroller with infant car seat compatibility, self-standing enhanced storage, adjustable...
- Travel system ready: compatible with 1 Britax or BOB infant car seat (adapter sold separately)
- Lightweight stroller with all wheel suspension, linked parking brake, and self-standing quick fold
This is a simple side by side double stroller umbrella design by Britax B-Lively and it may be the best double stroller for you. This is a lightweight double stroller, and it has parking brakes, self-standing folding ability.
The company makes this with an extra-large basket, reclining chairs, six pockets, and UV 50 ventilated canopies for your children to enjoy their ride.
Britax has a rating of 4.6 out of 5.0 stars for its double stroller. There are only a few reviews, and all the customers are super happy with this stroller. Customers love how great handles, very sturdy, and made with great quality.
What Is a Double Stroller?
A double stroller is a stroller that can hold two children. When strollers were first invented, only the wealthy class could afford them. The first double strollers were made with two small benches and placed inside a wagonlike buggy.
Image via Pixabay
If you are a parent like me and your kids would run wild without a stroller than maybe it is time to make that purchase to save your insanity.
Some double strollers come with many options like extra carry space, more cup holders, and bigger seats, which can help if you have older children that refuse to walk the whole theme park.
Depending on where you live, it also has a big play into what type of stroller you may need. If you live on a mountain, for example, you will need a tough double stroller with great wheels.
If you live in the city, a simple smaller double stroller may be in your best interest.
Different Types of Double Strollers
When deciding to buy the best double stroller out there, you will have many choices to think about before purchasing a double stroller.
Not only are their different types of strollers, but you will need to think about if you want a lightweight or a heavy duty, one for infants or toddlers or one of each.
Depending on if you are using the stroller for jogging or just to go to the park, this will determine if you want either a side by side, tandem, jogging, or a sit and stand double stroller.
Side by side double stroller
A side by side double stroller is precisely what you are thinking, a stroller where your kids are sitting next to each other. Yes, it is wide, but most side by side double strollers have great carry space underneath.
Check out the video below:
Tandem double stroller
Tandem double stroller is a stroller with the seats that are one in front of the other. It is usually the same width size as a single stroller but much longer.
This type of double stroller usually also has a good amount of storage underneath, which for me is a big plus.
See the video below:
Jogging double stroller
Are you a mom on the go, who loves to go for a run? Well, this is the double stroller for you. Most jogging double strollers have one tire in front and two in the back, but some now come with two in front and back.
The tires on a jogging stroller are much larger than a standard stroller and seem to be more sturdy for your run.
Look at the video below to see a double stroller for jogging:
Sit and stand
A sit and stand double stroller has many functions for carrying children such as car seat and toddler, two car seats, or two toddlers sitting. Unfortunately, this type of stroller does not have much storage underneath.
Benefits of a Double Stroller
There are many benefits to having a double stroller such as more storage, and able to hold more children.
If you are parents with more than one child than you almost have to buy a double stroller unless one child is older than six, and than sometimes the older ones still want to seat in the stroller.
Nowadays, it is safer to have your child in a stroller than just holding their hands.
Many children have been kidnapped while holding their parents’ hands, but if your child or children are strapped incorrectly to the best double stroller, then it is less likely for someone to grab them.
Which Best Double Stroller Is the Right One?
That is the question you need an answer to, but unfortunately, it all comes down to your personal preferences. You have to ask your self what do you have to have in a double stroller.Don’t believe all the stories, that if it costs more, it must be better that is truly a myth. Much cheaper double strollers are just as good but may do not come with the extra bells and whistles.
After that being said, once you decide what you can live without, then you may have a better understanding of what is the best double stroller for you and your amazing kids.Which double stroller do you use and what do you love most about it? Please let us know in the comment section below.
Featured Image via Flickr
I began my writing career writing for various content firms, but it was under the tutelage of the editors here at SavantMag.com that I grew as a writer and editor. I love the content we write here and bringing solid reviews to consumers is rewarding beyond what I can even describe.
Last update on 2023-02-03 at 17:51 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API